Acne and pimples – such a common teenage problem, right! But these solutions are either complicated or expensive. Despite having easy solutions, almost every 1 in 3 people is affected by it.
Before we start talking about tips and tricks for reducing acne, let us try to understand a few facts about acne.
- Acne can start appearing when one hits puberty, i.e., anywhere around the age of 12 – 13 and can still be there till the age of 50.
- Women are more prone to cyclic acne; due to their menstrual cycle and hormonal changes, their bodies o through every month.
- Stress, unhealthy lifestyle, and exposure to pollution can aggravate acne.
- It is a myth that only people with oily skin are prone to acne and pimples.
- Not consuming enough water can also lead to acne.
Coming back to getting rid of acne – well, first things first, stop worrying about them and STOP TOUCHING THEM! We all heard the phrase “WHERE THERE IS A WILL, THERE IS A WAY,” which means when there is a problem, there must be their solutions as well. So here are a few DIY home remedies to help you with your existing acne.
- Honey and Cinnamon
Honey has been used as a DIY home remedy for many issues in our Indian households for ages. For skin, generally, it is used as a natural cure for problems with all skin types – from dry to oily. Its antibacterial properties help in reducing acne-causing bacteria and thus reduce the acne. Whereas Cinnamon contains antimicrobial properties, which helps adds to the benefits of honey and works on both bacterial as well as fungal acne.
According to scriptures, Turmeric has even been used by sages ages back. Turmeric is not only used to add flavour to the food but also use as a remedy to cure acne. Homemade Ubtan with Moong pulse powder mixed with Turmeric and Sandalwood is an effective cure for stubborn acne.
- Neem pack or oil
Antibacterial properties of Neem are very beneficial to cure acne, pimples, and zits. Make a paste of fresh neem leaves and apply or mix neem oil in Multani clay to make your own DIY Face Mask. You can also use anti acne regime for face cleansing to help reduce acne.
OK, now that the acne is gone, let us also talk about how to ensure that those villains never come back!
Usually, people forget to follow the basic rules of taking care of their skins. It is crucial to have a skin care routine and follow these very easy to implement tips
- Wash your face (Activated Charcoal Face Wash) at least twice a day to remove dirt, grime, and the layer of pollution effect from the upper layer of skin. It will keep your face clean and oil-free.
- Gently exfoliate your skin to ensure that the dirt and oil trapped inside the pores are also properly cleaned.
- Drinking water adequately is also essential. It will keep your skin hydrated and prevent acne from coming back.
- Wear a minimum of 20 SPF sunscreen every time you step out of the house in the day time. Direct exposure to the sun can make your skin dry and tanned.
- If you use makeup, you must use oil-free makeup products, and before going to sleep, thoroughly remove your makeup.
Pst Pst…. Can we tell you a short cut as well?